Pricing & Purchasing Specifications: The default price shown above is for quantities of 1 - 2 Sets (4 pads/set). You may mix and match sizes of Styrofoam Support Pads to reach a combined total of 3 Sets or more to qualify for the discount price ($2.00/set Discount). If for any reason the wrong price level for the number of shoes you are ordering is applied, we will notify you and adjust the price accordingly at the time of shipping.
The Styrofoam Pads are the most important tool we have found to treat horses in the acute stage of laminitis. They are pre-cut, hoof shaped pads made of a very dense 2" piece of Styrofoam. It is important to note that regular white beaded Styrofoam is a poor substitute for this treatment use. This specific density and thickness is very important for optimal treatment success.) When applied, the Styrofoam will compress into the caudal portion of the foot and offers the horse comfort, support, and protection through this critical stage of laminitis. Use of the Styrofoam will allow the horse to stabilize so that a more comprehensive diagnosis and treatment approach can be established.
Indications for Use of the Styrofoam Pads
- First Aid application for Acute Founder (Acute Laminitis)
- Relief & Support for any Acute Pain in the sole of the foot
- Pads are sold in a Set of 4 Pads
- Small (foot size 4x0 - 00 = up to 4.5" wide)
- Medium (foot size 0 - 1 = 4.5" to 5" wide)
- Large (foot size 2 - 3 = 5" to 5.25" wide)
- XLarge (foot size 4 - 5 = 5.25" to 5.75" wide)
2 Minute Overview
Full 10 Minute Instruction Video
Understanding Laminitis Part 1 (7 minutes)
Understanding Laminitis Part 2 (6 minutes)